Last weekend I went to Brooklyn for an amazing Mountain Goats concert. It was super good.
Here is the setlist from the concert. It was an amazing collection and between all the songs John Darnielle explained where he was coming from. It gave me a whole new appreciation for his new album Transcendental Youth, which you can stream for free from Rolling Stone.
In other NYC news: I ate a falafel (and dropped a lot of it on myself) right outside of the Comedy Cellar. I imagined Louis CK coming by with a slice of pizza. We would stare into each other eyes and eat together forever. But that didn’t happen.
Well it is pretty close to V-day which means you all deserve a Valentine’s Day themed post. So here is a VD list for you:
1. I got Valentines candy. What does that mean? Reese’s that are shaped like hearts and Hershey Kisses that are filled with cherry sugar gel.
this is them meeting for the very first time
2. Remember how much more creative I was last valentine’s day? I made this book that says a poem:
this is supposed to be a gif, but you have to click on it so it will gif.
3. And I made those Valentine’s Day cards. I want to make them again and I have plenty of naughty things to have animals say, but there is no time to make them/ only time to talk about Valentine’s Day a lot on my blog.
4. I did make one new Valentine’s Day card yesterday, but there is only one and the recipient is probably going to be my cards-line/ not a real person.
5. Sometimes I think, “Woah, not enough hot male actors tell me they love me on a daily basis.” Well if you think that too, then don’t worry cause that is all about to change.
To see the magic you are going to have to click on this link, because sometimes the internet is an evil place where embedding is impossible.
6. In an effort to waste time unintentionally, I made an 8tracks album for Kwanza (not really, it’s for valentine’s day… not sure if you’ve ever heard of it).