Well it is pretty close to V-day which means you all deserve a Valentine’s Day themed post. So here is a VD list for you:
1. I got Valentines candy. What does that mean? Reese’s that are shaped like hearts and Hershey Kisses that are filled with cherry sugar gel.
this is them meeting for the very first time
2. Remember how much more creative I was last valentine’s day? I made this book that says a poem:
this is supposed to be a gif, but you have to click on it so it will gif.
3. And I made those Valentine’s Day cards. I want to make them again and I have plenty of naughty things to have animals say, but there is no time to make them/ only time to talk about Valentine’s Day a lot on my blog.
4. I did make one new Valentine’s Day card yesterday, but there is only one and the recipient is probably going to be my cards-line/ not a real person.
5. Sometimes I think, “Woah, not enough hot male actors tell me they love me on a daily basis.” Well if you think that too, then don’t worry cause that is all about to change.
To see the magic you are going to have to click on this link, because sometimes the internet is an evil place where embedding is impossible.
6. In an effort to waste time unintentionally, I made an 8tracks album for Kwanza (not really, it’s for valentine’s day… not sure if you’ve ever heard of it).
7. Now let’s count how many times I just wrote the word valentine (<that counts). 11! Yay, for days about hearts!
It’s the weekend, but since I got off work Wednesday, life is a weekend! Hoping to spend my last week at home enjoying the beach and the nature and the books.
Some links of the past week. Get ready they’re really good:
Despite the 2 foot separation between them, Shaq and his girlfriend Hoopz still love each other.
Explaining how to actually wear a bandeau. Ps. this is the most blatant pr/seo article I have ever read.
Oh, Arrested Development Hipster Quote Tumblr.. you are so funny.
A mission few could endure, 365 days of the movie Julie and Julia: The Lawrence and Julie and Julia Project.
I want to make this. All I need is an attention span and all of the materials.
Pretty gift bags.
I want this classy, tiny trailer.
In retrospect, all these links seem just okay. Sorry.
While at a flea market last week, I saw the books being sorted into the category “More Interesting Women”. In my mind I automatically made the label say “more interesting women than YOU”. So what female characters do I find more interesting than myself. Well, lets begin…
5. When Everything Changed
This collection of real women’s stories written and collected by Gail Collins is the perfect example of a book full of interesting women. The first story features a woman wearing pants in a courtroom. Can you get more bad ass?
4. I Capture the Castle
This novel by Dodie Smith tells the story of a young girl, Cassandra, as she develops her writing skills in a diary she keeps. Like any young girl she complains of her boring life, but she lives in a castle, making her life way cooler than mine.
3. The Color Purple
Lesbians in the 1930s. Woah! That’s interesting.
In this biography Nancy Milford tells the life of Zelda Fitzgerald. She was the inspiration for almost every female character F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote, so it makes sense that she is super interesting. And reading about Zelda’s transformation from Southern beauty to sad schizophrenic is both unfortunate and engrossing. I have not finished this book yet, but with 75% done I know she is cooler than me.
1. The Women’s Room
I think this book has to be my number one because every woman explored in this book had a story that explains so much about women and their evolution over time. It was remarkable how Marilyn French would delve into minor characters so deeply, telling full back stories that are impossible to forget. Even the most minor character are more interesting than myself.
Well those are the books I could come up with. Have any more to add? Tell me what they are.
Can’t wait to go ^here^ today. My weekend has been in full swing since Friday, but it was rainy the whole time. So, what’s my weekend plan? Read, lay in the sun, and eat watermelon.
Here is a bunch of links to things that are sort of cool:
I know I posted about balloons last week, but these balloons are even better because you can buy them and give them to people and each one is made one of a kind for you! And did I mention that they are amazing?
Is this a kite or a sail boat in the sky? You’ll never know.
I want these shorts so badly. They are both high-waisted and scalloped. Everything you could ever need in life.
I would move to New York City in a flash for this internship.
Something everyone should make, all you need is a freezer.
Have so much fun with color.
Hard hitting news: New, expensive toilets to take over plumbing industry.
Nice illustrated bags.
For the modern locket lover.
Well this weather sure is something hot. Like an oven, or fire. The heat makes it hard for me to respond to anything without screaming “What!” or a long string of swears.
Here’s a list of links for silly things in an attempt to distract you from the heat:
An interview of Ryan Gosling, that made me think I was still in the 90s when David Letterman was cool.
Coffins.. but they’re nice.
Lego ice cubes: build something really amazing, then watch it melt before you are done!
I try and be as late on trends as possible, so here is something rather tardy. This woman wore the same dress for a year, but made it stylish. Here is a video of all her outfits.
Arrange things by color, you’ll be so much cooler.
I want this tie.
Things that are cute and summery.
Okay so life is full of lists, and most of them are boring and full of shit you don’t want to do, but this one is going to be great because it’s about Louis CK. So get ready.
10. He has a twitter. Clearly hip and with it.
9. His jokes are like little, beautiful, thoughtful presents, but instead of being wrapped in tissue paper they have been placed in a sweaty sock. So at first you hate the person for giving it to you, but when you look inside you are touched.
8. He does every step of the creating process: writing, producing, directing, editing.
7. He was interviewed by Pitchfork and it was a good interview.
6. He’s Mexican.
5. He did this with other great comedians.
4. He is all for the gays.
3. He was on the Daily Show a couple of days ago and left John Stewart and I shaking (with laughter).
2. He tells it like it is to Donald Rumsfeld, but mostly just asks him if he’s a lizard.
(I know I have posted this before, but I know that no one listened to it, so this is attempt two.)
1. He’s really funny.
These lists are really hard. Louis is great, but this was a lot more effort than I anticipated.